Chapslee Shimla Hotel Luxury Holidays - Maharajah Royal Style - Top 10 Reasons stay in Chapslee3 Nights-4 DaysPackage Code: HTPC000758
Cheapest Flights and Hotels with Excellent holiday travel packages & Tour packages.
Need Holiday Help?
We would be more than happy to help you. Our team advisor are 24/7 at your service to help you.+91-8350824253(9AM-6PM)
Chapslee Shimla Hotel Luxury Holidays - Maharajah Royal Style
Top 10 Reasons stay in Chapslee
About Chapslee Palace, Shimla
Evocative of a bygone era, Chapslee, formerly the summer residence of the late Hon'ble Raja Charanjit Singh of Kapurthala, is now a small, exclusive Hotel. The Hon'ble Raja Charanjit Singh of Kapurthala was a member of the erstwhile Council of States and had the distinction and privilege of being an invitee to the coronations of both King George V and King Edward VIII. He was a host and gourmet extraordinaire and his table was considered to be one of the finest in northern India.
Built in 1835, Chapslee was acquired by Lord Auckland, then Governor General of the East India Company. The declaration of the first war against Afghanistan known as 'The Afghan Manifesto', was signed at Chapslee on the first of October, 1838. Sir Edward Buck writes in his famous book,
Simla Past and Present, "In the opinion of many good judges, Chapslee is surpassed by no other Simla residence in arrangement and general advantages".
Location of Chapslee Palace, Shimla
Chapslee is situated next to Auckland House Senior School, between Lakkar Bazaar & Long Wood.
Cost Range & Room Tariff Of Chapslee Hotel Shimla
Tariff of Hotel:-
Rs. 16,775/- to 26,175/-
Inclusive of all taxes, service charges in lieu of tips and all meals, except lunch.
Packages available on request.
Plus Points Points Of Chapslee Palace, Shimla
Plus Points of Chapslee Palace, Shimla:-
- The kitchen produces an impressive selection of traditional Indian and British dishes.
- The service is attentive, without being intrusive, from the silver-service tea on arrival to the hot-water bottles at night and 'bed tea' in the morning.
- The location is great, very close to the main shopping area in shimla!
- The Hotel provids an Indian food one evening and then English food the other evening.
- This heritage property respects its past, and a sense of its history is evident in the furnishings, portraits, amenities and service.
- Food choice (Indian or English) and the service are excellent.
- Hotel staff is polite and Friendly.
- All Rooms are neat & clean.
Near By Attraction to Chapslee Palace, Shimla
Shimla has many attractions; superb views and delightful walks; the Vice-regal Lodge, the State Museum, Jakhoo Temple, the Mall, and Maria Bros., the famous shop for books and antiquities.
The environs of Shimla , however are perhaps its most attractive feature ; Golf at scenic Naldera - that inspired Lord Curzon to name his daughter after it ; Mahaseer fishing and hot sulphur springs at Tattapani , picnics in the Seog Forest , tea at Carignano, walks from Kufri to Fagu through the countryside with the panorama of the snow-capped Kinner Kailash range stretched across the horizon ; Chail, Narkanda , or an overnight stay at the Jalori Pass.
Great Trip Advisor Comments & Publications Recommendations about Hotel Chapslee Shimla
Good Trip Advisor Comments about Hotel Chapslee Shimla
(1) " to be able to stay here is a privileged experience",
(2) " staying in this historic house has been a unique and unforgettable experience",
(3) "an authentic taste of a bygone era",
(4) " living history",
(5) " what a beautiful home and such incredible food,"
(6) " very special atmosphere",
(7) " like stepping back in time", and
(8) "beautifully preserved slice of history," etc.etc.
World level Publications who Recommended Hotel Capslee
Various people who have visited Chapslee since it opened to guests in 1976, have written of it in news papers and magazines, such as the New York Times, Washington Post, New York Herald Tribune, Daily Telegraph, U.K., Le Figaro, Vogue, Harpers and Queens, Tatler, and a few others.
A number of hard bound publications, novels and coffee table books also feature Chapslee prominently; some of which are ...
(1) Maharaja's Palaces ( on the cover),
(2) One thousand places to see before you die,
(3) Indian Style,
(4) Palace Hotels of the Raj,
(5) Hill Stations of India etc.etc.
Alistair Sawday's “Special places to stay in India" .....one of the most sought after travel guides in the UK, also includes Chapslee. The latest book to feature Chapslee is “The great Indian Heritage.”
Interesting History of Hotel Chapslee Shimla
HOTEL CHAPSLEE Shimla is a Heritage Manor and is one of the oldest surviving residences of Shimla. It is also considered to be extraordinary in terms of architecture, interior design and decor. It was the summer residence of Raja Charanjit Singh of Kapurthala.
His grandson, Kanwar Ratanjit Singh is the present owner and he continues to reside at Chapslee, with his wife. Chapslee was opened to guests in 1976, to enable the property to pay for its upkeep and maintenance and is, thus, an attempt at conservation and not a business venture.
The house continues to be "in its original state", as there has been no change, whatever, since 1940. Some of the artefacts, object d'arts, fabric and upholstery are centuries old.
Ranking & Recommendation of Chapslee Palace, Shimla
Trip Advisor Ranking of Chapslee Hotel - Ranked #2 of 97 Shimla Hotel
Holiday Travel Stringly Recommends Hotel Chapslee Palace, Shimla to experience Royal Life & have your Ultra Luxurious vacation in Shimla - Just Like a Maharaja
Chapslee Hotel is One of the Top Hotels in Shimla..
Cost Range & Room Tariff of Hotel Chapslee Palace, Shimla
Cost Range & Room Tariff of Hotel Chapslee Palace, Shimla
- Chapslee The Luxury Suite (King Sized bed) x 1, @ Rs. 25,875.00
- Chapslee The Deluxe Suite (King Sized bed) x 1, @ Rs. 20,000.00
- Standard Suites (with twin beds) x 3, @ Rs. 16,775.00
- Standard Suites with single occupancy @ Rs. 13,775.00 each,
Respectively, per couple/single person per night, inclusive of:-
- Bed-tea ( morning),
- Heating i.e. electric convector heaters
- Service charges in lieu of tips which are not permitted.
- All kinds of beverages and drinks, hot & cold.
- Eats – snacks.
Wood fires would also be available at an additional charge. The full tariff shall be payable in respect of the Luxury and Deluxe Suites even in the case of a single person.
CHRISTMAS SUPPLEMENT OFFER FROM HOTEL CHAPSLEE:
Rs 3000.00 per head for a special Christmas Dinner with stuffed chicken (turkeys not available at Shimla) with all the trimmings;; mince pies, brandy butter, rich plum pudding & coal fires, or a traditional Indian “Palace” dinner.
Charges for accompanying CHILDREN …….. Pre – information is necessary.
· Below 5 years @ 10 % of tariff
· 5-10 yrs @ 25% of tariff
· 11-15 yrs @ 50% of tariff
1. The Luxury Suite: - Rs 3673/-
2. The Deluxe Suite: - Rs 2752/-
3. The Standard Suite: - Rs. 2267/-
The hotel will remain closed from 28th December (except in cases of confirmed reservation/s for New Year) to 28th February of the following year, every year.
Services & Facilities of Champslee Palace, Shimla
- Morning Bed-Tea
- Heating through electric convector heaters
- Room Services