Gupta Empire Tour India - Zenith of Indian History - 320CE - 550 CE6 Nights-7 DaysPackage Code: HTPC001436
Cheapest Flights and Hotels with Excellent holiday travel packages & Tour packages.
Need Holiday Help?
We would be more than happy to help you. Our team advisor are 24/7 at your service to help you.+91-9418093019
Gupta Empire Tour India - Zenith of India 320CE - 550 CE
Gupta Empire Tour - Main Destinations Covered
- Patna - Earlier Known as Patliputra
- Nalanda - UNESCO Heritage Site
- Dashavatara Temple at Deogarh
- Jabalpur - Vaishnavite Tigawa temple
- Udaigiri caves
- Ajanta - UNESCO Heritage Site
- Elephanta Caves
Gupta empire period is called the Golden Age of India, in this time extensive inventions and discoveries in science, technology, engineering, art, dialectic, literature, logic, mathematics, astronomy, religion, and philosophy were done. Gupta Empire main kings were Chandragupta I, Samudragupta, and Chandragupta II. The notable poet during gupta era was Sanskrit poet Kalidasa. Other scholars were Kalidasa, Aryabhata, Varahamihira, Vishnu Sharma and Vatsyayana.
Art and architecture Destinations - Gupta Empire Golden Period
- The two great centres of sculpture were Mathura and Gandhara, the latter the centre of Greco-Buddhist art.
- The caves at Ajanta, Elephanta, and Ellora also belong to Gupta Era.
- The Hindu Udayagiri Caves is also an important site
- Dashavatara Temple at Deogarh is a major temple, one of the earliest to survive, with important sculpture of Gupta Era
Gupta Empire - 320 CE–550 CE
Sri Gupta (240 – 280)
Ghatotkacha (280 – 319)
Chandragupta I (320 – 335)
Samudragupta (335 – 380)
Chandragupta II (380 – 413/415)
Kumaragupta I (415 – 455)
Skandagupta (455 - 467)
Purugupta (467 – 473)
Kumaragupta II (473 - 476)
Budhagupta (476 – 495)
Fa Hien, a Chinese Buddhist, was one of the pilgrims who visited India during the reign of Gupta emperor Chandragupta II. During his stay in India up to 411, he went on a pilgrimage to Mathura, Kannauj, Kapilavastu, Kushinagar, Vaishali, Pataliputra, Kashi and Rajagriha and made careful observations about the empire. From his accounts, the Gupta Empire was a prosperous period, His writings form one of the most important sources for the history of this period.