Overview - Golden Traingle India
The Golden Triangle is the most traveled route In India Covering Capital Delhi, Historical Mughal Seat of power Agra, Also the home to Most beautiful monument - The Taj Mahal, and Jaipur - The Pink City of India. The circuit is about 720 km by road.Each leg is about 4 to 6 hours of drive. It normally takes 3 days to cover the Golden Triangle of India Fully.
Why It is Called Golden Triangle
On the map, Delhi Agra and Jaipur form an equilateral triangle of approx 200-250km along each side. This triangle is called "golden" for showcasing India's great wealth of cultural and historical journey into the Great Indian Mughal Era.
What did you see in Golden Triangle
The Tour usually starts with Delhi, The Capital of India and Seat of power since 500 years, Delhi is home to monuments of Pre Mughals, Mughals as well as British Era, Normally Delhi full site seeing takes at least 6-7 days.While in Delhi, you visit the "Old" Delhi first, the city of the Moghuls, established in the 17th century, The main site seeing points are Jama Masjid (Great Mosque), Chandni Chowk and its congested streets, The Red Fort, The great fort, where last mughal Bahadur Shah Jafar was imprisoned, it is known for its pristine lawns and lofty Moghul audience halls. Next Day we can see Other attractions of Delhi like Mahrouli - Qutib Meenar, Finally visit the south Delhi & British-built New Delhi, Major attractions include Connaught Place, Rajpath, leads to the mighty arch of India Gate, designed by Edwin Lutyens in the 1920s.
From Delhi, Tour moves on to Agra, which was once the heart of the Moghul empire, Agra is world known due to UNESCO Heritage Monument Taj Mahal - Which is World's seven wonders, it is located on banks of Yamuna river. In Agra you also see Agra Fort made by Emperor Akbar and move on to Ruined City of Fatehpur Sikri, which is home to best palace and mosques as well as massive Gates. Taj Mahal - The marble mausoleum is most popular tourist site in India, it is really an astounding and mesmerising monumnet.
From Agra, Tour moves on to Jaipur, also known as Pink City and capital of the Desert state of Rajasthan.Jaipur has historic Amber Fort, Hawa mahal - an ornate five-storey façade, designed to allow the women of the royal household to observe the street in anonymity - has become an icon of Rajasthani architecture and City Palace.
Recommended Accomodations - Golden Traingle Tour
Agra - 5 star
The Oberoi Amarvilas at Taj East Gate Road - Located less than 500m from the Taj, and offers stunning views of Taj Mahal from each of its 105 bedrooms.
Agra - 4 Star
Clarks Shiraz, 54 Taj Road - Is a decent hotel, a deluxe double rooms are facing the Taj Mahal.
Jaipur - 3 star
Umaid Bhawan, D1-2A Bani Park - a modern building on a residential street done up as a heritage-style palace.
Delhi - mid range - 3 star
Golden Traingle India Tour - How to Reach?
Golden Triangle India - Various Spectrum of Packages
Dozens of companies offer itineraries centred on the Golden Triangle, from a few days in Delhi up to lengthy multi-centre itineraries, which often include tiger-watching and other diversions. One long-established India operator is www.holidaytravel.co, offering many flavours of Golden Triangle Tour Packages
1. 9 night Golden Triangle tour with two-night stay at Kuchaman Fort, near Jaipur.
2. We offer the one-week Golden Triangle including five-star accommodation, with one night at the former hunting lodge of the Maharaja of Jaipur.
3. we also offer eight-night Discover India itinerary, which covers the classic route, plus a train ride to Gwalior Fort, south of Agra,
4. Also offered is Innovative alternatives include the 16-night "Tigers and Palaces" tour featuring a relaxed itinerary around the Golden Triangle and Kanha National Park - The best preserved forest in Central India
4. Also offered is magestic "Palace on Wheels" package to cover Golden Traingle in style, Palace on wheel is a private luxury train that plies a week-long route from Delhi to Jaipur, on into Rajasthan and back via Agra. Its plush, carpeted interiors include two dining cars and roomy bedrooms decorated in Rajasthani style.
Golden Traingle - Extra Destinations Around - Must Visit