Shimla State Museum Tour Package4N & 5DPackage Code: HTPC000155
Cheapest Flights and Hotels with Excellent holiday travel packages & Tour packages.
Need Holiday Help?
We would be more than happy to help you. Our team advisor are 24/7 at your service to help you.+91-9418093019
Shimla State Museum Tour Package
Shimla State Museum, is one of the prime tourist spots in Shimla and is located atop a hill called Inveraram.
shimla state museum Shimla Tour|museum places in Himachal|Shimla museum tour|museum tour|museum tour guide Himachal|museum tour India|museum tour online|HIMACHAL STATE MUSEUM SHIMLA|shimla local sightseeing taxi|shimla local sightseeing tours|shimla local sightseeing places|tourist places near shimla|shimla local sightseeing bus|shimla local sightseeing map|shimla local sightseeing taxi rates|adventure activities shimla
Trek to Shimla State Museum
It is bit of a work to reach the museum since it requires a hike of 1500 meters. Still, once you are there, you will not regret putting in so much of effort, for there is 2000 or more collection of exquisite items , waiting to greet you. There are ancient historical sculptures, paintings, coins, photos and numerous other items from all over the state as well as outside it.
Pahari Art Miniature Paintings At Shimla Art Museum
The Most exciting to see is the Pahari Miniature paintings. These paintings were the last to develop in north India before the British took control of the region. There is also a library here which houses a good collection of historical books and manuscripts.
Timings of Shimla Art Museum
The Museum is open between 10 am to 1.30 pm and then from 2 to 5 pm everyday except Mondays and second Saturday of every month..
- Pre-Historic Gallery - The gallery consists of ancient stone age tools as well as models of extinct animals.
- Wood-Carving Gallery - Remains of wood panels of ancient temples and traditional wood artistry and stone work is found here.
- Archaeology Gallery - Storehouse of sculptural works and terracotta stuffs of Maurya, Shunga and Gupta period.
- Wall Painting Gallery - Bags wall painting of the Rang Mahal of Chamba.
- Numismatic Gallery - Has got an extensive collection of the coins of Himachal Pradesh.
The other galleries of the Shimla State Museum are:
- Himachal Archaeological Gallery
- Pahari Miniature Painting Gallery
- Photographs Gallery
- Rajasthan Miniature Painting Gallery
- Bronze Gallery
- Distance from Shimla to Shimla State Museum:6 Km.
- Distance from Kullu to Shimla State Museum:212 Kms.
- Distance from Manali to Shimla State Museum:253Kms.
- New Delhi (Start Point - Major Tourist Destination - Capital of India)
- Kurukshetra (Tourist Attractions - Sri Krishna Museum, Bhramasarovar, Sheikh Chaheli's Tomb)
- Chandigarh (Tourist Attractions - Sukhna lake, Nek chand Rock garden,Pinjore Garden, Museums)
- Rupnagar ( Ropar - Toursist Attraction - Kikar Lodge)
- Kiratpur Sahib (Tourist Attractions -Historical Gurudwara)
- Anandpur Sahib (Major Tourist Destination for Sikhs - Historical Gurudwara Keshgarh Sahib ji, Virasat-e-khalsa)
- Nanagal Dam ( Tourist Attractions - Bhakhra Nangal Dam, Naina Devi temple, Cheif Restaurant)
- Una Himachal (Tourist Attractions - Chintpurni temple,Kila Baba bedi, Sadashiv Mandir etc)
- Anandpur Sahib
- Nurpur Bedi
- Shimla State Museum(Destination)
Google route map for New Delhi to Shimla State Museum,Himachal Pradesh
- New Delhi to Una Himachal via Chandigarh ( By Train - Himachal Express, Jan Shatabdi Express Or Taxi Pick up-Extra Charges on standard Per Km based.)
- Una Himachal to Nicholas Roerich art gallary Kullu Himachal ( With Holiday Travel Air Conditioned Taxi)
Cab for One day Rs. 3500/-