Top 20 Things to do in Shimla
1. Walk the long and winding roads in Shimla which are free of vehicles and breathe in the deodars cone scented air.
2. Must Have coffee and Hot Dosa at Indian Coffee House.
3. Must do shopping Lakkar bazaar (wood market) for souvenirs,window shopping at the Tibetan bazaar at Kusumpti.
4. Must Visit historic Gaiety theatre and travel back in time.
5. Hang out at the Ridge in the Evening and feel the energy of the place.
6. Climb Jakhoo peak, which is a hiker’s delight.
7. Visit the grandeur Viceroy’s Lodge (Indian Institute of Advanced Studies) and the Botanical garden.
8. Walk in the rain in Shimla (With or without umbrella).
9. Try out refreshing HPMC juices at the Ridge.
10. Take a train ride to Kalka or watch the train arriving at Shimla station, precariously hanging on a slope.
11. Evening stroll across the Mall and Ridge or sometimes.
12. Visit to Shimla kali bari, dedicated to goddess Kali or Shyamala.
13. You must plan your stay in shimla for at least for a week. Better plan for a secluded hotels to enjoy Shimla's charming beauty.
14. Must Do Ice Skating at India’s only natural ice skating rink at Circular road, Shimla.
15. Mall Road and The Ridge – department stores, cafes, restaurants, jewellery, pottery, Himachal govt emporium etc.
16. Walk up to Scandal point, GPO. The Ridge is also the place where summer festivals are held, a visit to Christ church and the library is must.
17. Must Visit spots at Film shooting spots at Green valley, Naldehra golf course, Jakku hill, viceregal lodge.
18. A trip to chaotic Subzi mandi & Mall Road Visit.
19. Bird watching trips or visit to Himalayan bird park opposite to Viceregal lodge.
20. Must ride on UNESCO heritage Kalka-Shimla toy train.
21. Must Visit Hot sulphur springs at Tattapani, which are located some 50 km from Shimla
22. Must have nearby day Excursions trips to Kufri , Fagu , Rampur in Bashahr state along the Sutlej valley.