Gold Coast Tourist Guide
- City: Gold Coast,
- State: Queensland
- Country: Australia
- Longitude: 153°25′59″ E
- Latitude: 28°00′00″ S
- Altitude: 03 ft
- Nearest Airport: Gold Coast Airport/Coolangata Airport, 25 KM from Surfers Paradise and about 100 KM from Brisbane. Public Buses and Airport Shuttles are available round the clock to move to any part of Gold Coast.
- Nearest Railway Station: Helensvale Station
- Best Time to Visit: all four seasons – summer, autumn, winter and spring
Located at the distance of about 94 kilometers in the south of Brisbane, the city of Gold Coast is in the southeastern corner of the state of Queensland in Australia. Embracing the population of about 550,000 people, it covers an area of about 414.3 sq. KM. At present, it is considered to be one of the high profile tourist destinations in Australia. The sunny sub-tropical climate, waterway systems, nightlife, theme parks, beautiful high-rise buildings, sandy beaches, rainforest hinterland, and the prosperous culture – all play a vital role in making Gold Coast a hot tourist destination.
There are numerous attractions in and around Gold Coast, and exploring all of them at a time may not be possible. However, selecting the attractions as per one’s interest can be more fruitful and satisfying. Here is an overview of most popular tourist attractions in Gold Coast:
- Burleigh Heads Beach: Taking a long walk in the morning and watching the sunrise is really amazing here. The beaches, Burleigh markets, Burleigh Brewery, the village market, cultural center, TTR Thai Massage, and swim center etc make it a thriving place for tourists.
- The Rockpools: Known as one of the best places for kids, the Rockpools is an amazing attraction situated in Southport. Full of water sports activities, slides and several thrilling activities, it has a full package of entertainment.
- Coolangatta Beach: It is a white sandy beach with fascinating blue water. One can enjoy plenty of surfing activity here. The beach is neat and clean, and is suitable for long walks. Kirra beach, Snapper Rocks, Gold Coast Skydive, Kirra Hill, Cooly Dive, and the Holistic Massage Therapies are quite popular here.
- Natural Bridge: Located on Natural Bridge Rd, Springbrrook, Natural Bridge is a great park full of mysterious features. It is very much liked for its beauty, and the peaceful atmosphere.
- Surfers Paradise Beach: If you love seeing the sunrise and sunset, the Surfer’s Paradise Beach is an ideal place. It is a golden sandy beach and it is well known as an iconic beach in Australia. The joggers, walkers, surfers, swimmers, and water sports lovers etc can immensely enjoy here. Many of the surfers come here quite frequently as it is best suitable for surfers.
- Timezone Surfers Paradise: It is one of the best attractions in Surfers Paradise. It is the largest indoor entertainment center in the whole of Australia. It is an ideal place for kids. SkyPoint Observation Point: viewing the beauty of the beach and all around from the sky-kissing high observation deck is somewhat like looking around from the window of a helicopter flying at high altitude.
- Kurrawa Beach: Located at Broadbeach, Kurrawa beach is one of the most beautiful white sandy beaches in Gold Coast.
- Gold Coast Skydive: Situated on Musgrave Street, Coolangatta; the Gold Coast Skydive is a prominent point of attraction for those desiring to skydive.
- Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary: Enveloping more than 1400 native creatures of Australia, the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary is a perfect place to see the different animals.
Also, the Slingshot Gold Coast, Tugun Beach, Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Center, Ripley’s Believe It or Not, Metricon Stadium, Infinity Attraction, Dreamworld, Point Danger, Dracula’s Queensland, The Pines at Sanctuary Coves, and Putt Putt Gold etc. also highly captivate the tourists.
Five Star Hotels in Gold Coast
- Meriton Serviced Apartments Southport: It’s located at 6 Aqua Street, Southport. Its Tripadvisor ranking is 03/183.
- Peppers Broadbeach: Corner Surf Parade & Elizabeth Avenue, Broadbeach. It is ranked 06/183.
- Soul Surfers Paradise: it’s located at 8 The Esplanade, Surfers Paradise. Rank: 07/183.
- Meriton Serviced Apartments-Broadbeach: 2669 Gold Coast Highway, Broadbeach. Rank: 08/183.
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa: 158 Ferny Avenue, Surfers Paradise. Rank: 15/183.
- Sheraton Mirage Resort & Spa: 71 Seaworld Drive, Main Beach. Rank: 18/183.
- Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach: 81 Surf Parade, Broadbeach. Rank: 24/183.
- Palazzo Versace: Sea World, PO Box 137, Main Beach. Rank: 33/183.
Other popular budget hotels in Gold Coast are as below:
- Xanadu Holiday Resort: 59 Pacific Street, Main Beach. Rank: 01/183.
- La Costa Motel: 127 Golden Four Drive, Billinga. Rank: 02/183.
- Moorings on Cavil Avenue: 63 Cavill Ave, Surfers Paradise. Rank: 04/183.
- Montego Sands Holiday Apartments Gold Coast: 21 Peerless Ave, Mermaid Beach. Rank: 05/183.
- Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat: 192 Syndicate Road, Tallebudgera. Rank: 10/183.
- Maldives Resort: 46-52 Pacific Street, Main Beach. Rank: 09/183.
- Oceana on Broadbeach: 100 Old Burleigh Road, Broadbeach. Rank:11/183.
Gold Coast Restaurants
Gold Coast is also well known for the local and international cuisines. Here’s an overview of the popular restaurants:
- Black Angus Bar & Grill: at Sanctuary Cove. Modern Australian.
- Bonita Bonita: at Mermaid Beach. Mexican Cuisines.
- Little Truffle Dining Room and Bar: in Coolangatta. International cuisines.
- Salt Grill: at Surfers Paradise. Modern Australian.
- Bellakai: in Coolangatta. Modern Australian
- Greenhouse Factory Restaurant & Bar: at Kirra. Vegetarian and Organic food.
- The Fireplace Restaurant: at Sanctuary Cove. Modern Australian
- Finders Keepers Bar & Dining Lounge: at Burleigh Heads. International
- Greek Street Grill: at Surfers Paradise. Greek cuisines
- Oscars on Burleigh: at Burleigh. Seafood
- Champagne CRB: at Broadbeach. French Cuisines
Suggested Gold Coast Itinerary Package
- Day 01: Visiting the Gold Coast Theme Park
- Day 02: Explore the attractions and activities at Surfers Paradise Beach.
- Day 03: Interacting with wildlife and visiting the rainforest settings at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Day 04: exploring various recreational activities and attractions at Coolangatta Beach.
Events and Festivals in Gold Coast
- Sanctuary Cove Boat Show
- Music Festivals
- Gold Coast Airport Marathon
- Cooly Rocks On
- Gold Coast 600
- Coolangatta Gold
- Magic Millions
- Australian University Games
In the year 2018, the Commonwealth Games will be hosted by Gold Coast.
Arrival to Gold Coast
Gold Coast Airport, also known as Coolangatta Airport functions as an international as well as a domestic airport. It is at a distance of about 100 Km from Brisbane. From Surfers Paradise, the distance of the Gold Coast Airport is about 25 KMs. The Public Buses and Airport Shuttles are available round the clock, and it is quite convenient to shift to the desired destination from the airport.