Visakhapatnam Araku Valley Borra Caves Adventure package 3 Nights - 4DaysPackage Code: HTPC000569
Cheapest Flights and Hotels with Excellent holiday travel packages & Tour packages.
Need Holiday Help?
We would be more than happy to help you. Our team advisor are 24/7 at your service to help you.+91-9418093019
Visakhapatnam Araku Valley Borra Caves adventure package
Vishakhapatnam Araku valley Borra caves adventure package – Overview
This 4 day trip itinerary is designed for tourists looking for an adventure filled trip away from the town in the laps of the nature. This package will take you to the scenic side of Andhra Pradesh where nature has spread its youthful bounty all over the place. Araku Valley is an amazing destination for travelers who have a zeal for nature, want to spend some time away from the crowded city-life, and are wildlife and photography enthusiasts this place is must visit for them. Borra Caves is situated in Araku Valley and is said to be the deepest caves in the country. The trip will start from Hyderabad and will take you to Araku via Vishakhapatnam where you’ll get to spend a day and then move. All accommodations, transport and food will be provided by the tour management.
Visakhapatnam, also known as Vizag is the largest city in the state of Andhra Pradesh. Visakhapatnam is named after the God of valour, Visakha. Vishakpatnam is basically an industrial city, but tourists come here to visit untouched sandy beaches, temples and nearby destinations like Araku Vally.
About Araku Valley
Araku Valley is located around 100 kilometers from Vizag (Visakhapatnam) is one of the most popular tourist destinations of Andhra Pradesh. This place is the best gateway to experience the nature’s beauty bestowed in this land. The visit is refreshing and mesmerizing in every sense. This region is filled with coffee and black pepper plantations along with magnificent waterfalls, caves, cliffs and forests.
About Borra Caves
The Borra Caves, also called Borra Guhalu is located near Vishakapatnam in the hills of Araku Valley. The entire area comprises of beautiful hilly terrain giving view of beautiful landscape and deciduous forests with wild fauna that gives visitors a treat to the eyes. This cave is the biggest in India.
When to Go
You can visit Araku Valley and Borra Caves any time of the year but it is recommended to visit this place in during winter October and February when the weather drops down to around 25 degree c in afternoon providing good options for trekking and sightseeing here. You can visit Vizag around the year but avoid the monsoons if you can.
How to Reach
- Air - Vizag is well-connected by air with both International and domestic flights coming here.
- Train – Vizag is a major station of Andhra Pradesh and trains arrive here from all parts of India.
- By Road – Vizag is 620 km away from Hyderabad and it takes around 9 hours to reach here
From Vizag Araku valley is 4 hours journey by road and there are frequent bus and taxi service to this location.
Why you should visit Vizag and Araku valley
If you are looking for a holiday gateway from the chaos of the city and want to explore the scenic beauty of the nature, spend some time in the forests and natural landscapes then you must visit Vizag and Araku valley. This is an amazing place that will take you to the most beautiful destination of Andhra Pradesh. Araku is a place to relax and enjoy nature.
Vishakhapatnam Araku valley Borra caves adventure package – An Overview
Vishakhapatnam or Vizag (17°41′18″N 83°13′07″E), often called Jewel of the East Coast and the City of Destiny, is situated in Andhra Pradesh and is the biggest city of the state. It is a port city on the southeast coast of Bay of Bengal. Telugu is the official language of Vizag and English is spoken as well.
Araku valley (18.3333°N 82.8667°E) is a hill station near Vizag situated in Eastern Ghats inhibited by different tribes. This forest is rich in biodiversity and is surrounded by mountains like Galikonda, Raktakonda, Sunkarimetta and Chitamogondi. Borra caves is one the few places worth visiting in Araku valley and coffee is widely grown in this area.
Fairs and Festivals
Chandana Yatra - It is the festival celebrated in Vizag at the temple of Sri Varaha Lakshminarasimha, Simhachalam. Every year the festival is held during March-April.
Visakha Utsav – Visakha Utsav is a 3 day tourism festival held at Rama Krishna Beach every year from the third Friday to Sunday of January. Organized by Andhra Pradesh Tourism Development, the festival highlights the arts, crafts and cuisine of Vishakhapatnam.
Itika Pongal - The traditional dance of the tribals known as Dhimsa is performed during the famous annual hunting season that is celebrated in April at Araku Valley.
Trip Package Inclusions
- Travel in Volvo or SUV from Hyderabad to Vishakhapatnam and further along with return.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis.
- All sightseeing and excursion as per the itinerary.
- All Road taxes, toll taxes & Parking fee.
- Meals Included as per itinerary
- English and Hindi speaking guide.
- Water sports at beach
- Cable car and boat ride charges
- Travel to Hyderabad.
- Personal expenses like tips, insurance, mineral water, telephone charges, laundry etc.
- Any Still / Video Camera fees, entrance fees.
- Any additional meals or beverages.
- Special Pooja arrangements.
- Any other services not mentioned in “Package Tariff Inclusions”
Accommodation offered in the Package
- Hotel Simhadri – 400 onwards (0891-2503737/2503799)
- JyothiSwarupa – 400 onwards (0891-2748872 to 75)
- Sri Sairam Residency- New Hotel – 350 onwards (0891-2543334)
- Hotel Hill Park – 600 onwards (8121501940)
- Hotel Silverline – 800 onwards (8008967779)
- Hotel Athidi Inn – 1000 onwards (9396548333)
- Budhil Park – 2500 onwards (6661666/6666616)
- Hotel Royal Fort – 2000 onwards (6667575)
- Hotel Green Park –
- Hotel Four Points -
- Hotel Palm Beach
- Hotel the Park
Accommodation in Araku
- Vashista Hotel – 500 onwards (09490791199)
- Rajadhani Hotel – 500 onwards (92222 72222)
- SRK resorts – 1100 onwards (9966477588, 9705533975)
- Jungle Bells Nature Camp – 2300 onwards (8912788820)
- Haritha Mayuri Resort – 2300 onwards (9440793518)
- Hill Resort Araku (Yatri Nivas) – 3000 onwards (9440793556)
Popular restaurants in Vishakhapatnam and Araku
Vishakhapatnam offers a lot of eating out options that ranges from Chinese, North Indian to Continental and South Indian food. Local food consists of Dosa, rice, vegetables, dal and mixed curry along with pesarattu, a dosa having a filling of Upma made with semolina and onions is also very popular here.
Here are a few of the must try restaurants and eat outs
- The Hyderabadi Biryani is a must have at Alpha Hotel
- Dhaba Express at Siripuram
- Raju Ka Dhaba aka Sea Inn
Any Time Coffee Shop
3 day trip Itinerary for Vishakhapatnam Araku valley Borra caves adventure package
Day 1 - Arrival at Vizag
Arrive at Vizag from where you will be picked by our representatives from Airport or Railway station and will be transferred to the hotel for check in. Rest of the day will be free for local sightseeing/shopping depending on the available time.
Day 2 - Vizag Sightseeing
After breakfast we leave for Vizag sightseeing, we will cover places like Bheemli, Thotlakonda, Rushikonda, Kailashgiri, Visakha Museum, Submarine Museum, Fishing Harbor, RK beach, lunch will be organized in between of the sightseeing trip.
Places to visit in Vizag
- Rishikonda – Rishikonda is 8 km from Vizag, this place is loved by couples and adventure seekers for alluring beaches, hills and adventure water sports - skiing & wind surfing.
- Bheemunipatnam - 25 km away from Vizag this place has a beautiful coastline,
- Bheemli – Bheemli is a sleepy little town with a rich colonial past.
- Harbor and Dolphin’s Nose – This place is A landmark sight in Visakhapatnam. This massive hillock, is more than 350 m high that resembles a Dolphin’s nose. It protects the Visakhapatnam Harbor along with the Head Quarters of Eastern Naval Command.
- Ramakrishna Beach – It’s a beautiful sea shore along with a Submarine Museum, Visakha Museum, Aquarium, numerous parks and a war memorial are situated in this park.
- Kailasagiri – Kailasagiri is a lush green park over a 130 m high hill overlooking the Bay of Bengal. You need to reach this hill via a ropeway and this place is very beautiful.
- Yarada - Yarada village, situated on the other side of the Dolphin Hill is famous for its natural beauty. The beach in front of the hill is called California beach, a natural cave is formed here.
- Shivasagar Beach-Akkupall - It is one of the most beautiful beaches of Srikakulam district.
Day 2 - Vizag to Araku (141 km/2 hours)
We checkout from the hotel early morning and leave for Araku. Enjoy the Journey to Araku that goes in between of Tunnels, Bridges, random waterfalls and Various Landscapes. Breakfast will be provided en route to the valley where upon reaching you’ll be transferred to the hotel for check in. After check in we will proceed for the sightseeing in valley.
Spend the day at Coffee plantations followed by Tribal museum and Padmapuram Gardens. The day will end at Golikonda View point after which we will return to the hotel for overnight and dinner.
- Padmapuram Gardens is a tourist attraction in the Araku valley that has a good collection of beautiful plants and flowers. You enter this garden by a toy train that starts at the entrance, Padmapuram gardens provide a wonderful atmosphere with beautiful tress and lush natural flora.
- Golikonda view point – This place is located at an altitude of 3,800 ft above sea level and offers beautiful views of the valley.
Day 3 - Rest of Araku and back to Vizag
Today we check out from Resort and visit Borra Caves, these caves are one of the largest in India and is situated in Ananthagiri Mandal that is about 90 kms northaway of Vizag on the way to Araku valley. The caves are filled with stalagmite and stalactite formation and located at a height of 1400 mts above sea level.
From here we will proceed to Etikoppaka that is located on the banks of Varaha River and is 65 kms from Visakhapatnam. This village is known for its famous wooden carvings and artifacts. Etikoppaka toys made of ankudu wood with lacquer colors. These toys are very popular among kids.
Rest of the day will be spent at Tyda Nature Camp indulging in various adventure activities like rock climbing, trekking and target shooting with bow & arrows, after which we will leave for Vizag from where you’ll disperse for your further journey and the trip shall end.