Virasat-e-Khalsa Tour Package from Chandigarh Delhi Mumbai
This Unique package of Virasat e Khalsa covers this great 8th Ajooba visit, Takht Keshgarh Sahib and Gurudwara Complex in Anandpur Sahib followed by visit to Bhakhra Nangal Dam Complex, Visit to Bhabhor Sahib ji. Also evening snacks in Cheif Restaurant ( Extra cost). This is great educational & pilgrimage tour for the families for familiarization with Sikh religion and its culture
About Virasat e Khalsa
Virasat-e-Khalsa is repository of the rich heritage of the Khalsa Panth and its history. It shows culture of the Punjab to inspire visitors with the vision of the Sikh Gurus, emphasizing the eternal message of the great gurus for the whole mankind. Skhism was formed towards the end of the fifteenth century, in the Punjab region of Northern India, Guru Nanak Dev founded a faith rooted in the core values of universalism, liberalism, and humanism. The nine Gurus who followed Him built upon and consolidated His teachings, thereby establishing Sikhism not only as a belief system but also as a way of life.
virasat e khalsa Tour Package from Delhi Mumbai Chandigarh|virasat e khalsa Tour| Virasat e khalsa inside|virasat e khalsa pictures|virasat e khalsa contact number|virasat e khalsa timing|virasat e khalsa anandpur sahib Tour|virasat e khalsa architect|virasat e khalsa online ticket booking|virasat e khalsa 8th wonder|virasat e khalsa anandpur sahib|virasat e khalsa pictures
Formation of Khalsa Panth
Two hundred years later, in 1699, on the occasion of Baisakhi, the Tenth Guru Gobind Singh formally founded the Khalsa Panth at Anandpur Sahib, establishing a social order committed to peace, equality and justice for all. Today, on the same site, stands the majestic Gurdwara Takht Sri Kesgarh Sahib.
Tricentenary of Khalsa & Foundation of Virasat e Khalsa
The year 1999 marked the Tricentenary of the Birth of the Khalsa.
To commemorate this event, the Chief Minister of Punjab S. Parkash Singh Badal laid forth the outlines of a magnificient edifice to be known as Virasat – e – Khalsa at Sri Anandpur Sahib.
Inside of Virasat e Khalsa
The Heritage Complex is inspired by the rich natural and architectural heritage of Sri Anandpur Sahib, while also drawing heavily from Sikh and regional architecture. Contrary to the tradition of domes which crown the sacred Sikh sites, the roofs of the Museum are concave-shaped receptors facing the sky. Sheathed in stainless steel, they reflect the sun’s light towards the Gurdwara and the Fort.
Virasat e Khalsa Project
The Rs.300 crore project was opened by Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal in the presence of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Nitin Gadkari, Art of Living founder Ravi Shankar and others.Conceived as a repository of the rich heritage of the 'Khalsa', showcasing the history and culture of Punjab, the heritage complex has been built to emphasize the eternal message of the Sikh gurus.Called the Khalsa Heritage Complex (KHC), it is touted as a landmark monument of one of the youngest religions in the world.Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was invited by Badal to inaugurate the monument but the move ran into a controversy after state Congress leaders alleged that the monument had already been inaugurated in 2006 and that the prime minister should not come to re-inaugurate it.
The project, announced in April 1999, was originally expected to be completed by September 2004 to coincide with the celebrations of the 400th year of the Golden Temple.In December last year, the Punjab government set the "final" deadline for July 30 this year but even that was missed by the authorities.the monument inaugurated Friday is only the first phase of the whole KHC complex.Boston-based Israeli-architect Moshe Safdie has designed the complex, which is shaped like open hands offering prayers. The monument is termed as a "wonder in the making".
Virasat E Khalsa Local Info:-
The local information of Virasat-e-Khalsa is
- Virasat-e-Khalsa is opened throughout the week, except on Monday.
- The timings of Virasat-e-Khalsa are 9:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- The entry fee of Virasat-e-Khalsa is free.
The City Of Spiritual Bliss:
- Anandpur town was founded by Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib on June 19,1665.
- Here, Guru Gobind Singh baptised the first five Sikhs called the Panj Piaras, the five beloved ones in 1699 and created a nucleus for the Khalsa.
- Hola Mohalla festival is celebrated with great fervour and enthusiasm at Anandpur Sahib. On this day, Anandpur Sahib relives the martial splendour of the Khalsa.
The official language in Punjab is Punjabi. However, Hindi and English are also spoken.
Virasat e Khalsa Tour Itinerary (Total Trip - 90 Kms- Air Conditioned SUV)
1. Tour Starts from Chandigarh, Tour can be customized to start from Delhi also
2. Start tour at 9:00 AM sharp
3. Head straight to Virasat-e-Khalsa at Anandpur Sahib, which is about 80 kms from Chandigarh.
4. Reach Virasat-e-Khalsa Spot at 11:30 AM.
5. Enjoy scenic beauty and visit in Khalsa Heritage Memorial Complex.
6. After Virasat e Khalsa, Visit Takht Keshgarh Sahib and Anandpur Sahib Gurudwara Complex
7. At around 3 PM , Proceed to Bhakhra Nangal Dam, Followed by Visit to Gurudwara Bhabhour Sahib Ji perched high on Hill.
After Site Seeing Evening Snacks at Cheif Restaurant overlooking Gushing waters of Nangal Dam Hydal Canal.
8. Tea/Coffee on the way to return ( Not Included in package)
9. Back to Chandigarh Drop at around 6:00PM.
10. For onwards tourists, stay at hotel in Chadigarh & spend time at your leisure planning for next day tour with Holiday travel.co