Satpura National Park Safari Package with Night Stay2 Nights-3 DaysPackage Code: HTPC000879
Cheapest Flights and Hotels with Excellent holiday travel packages & Tour packages.
Need Holiday Help?
We would be more than happy to help you. Our team advisor are 24/7 at your service to help you.+91-9418093019
Satpura National Park Safari Package with Night Stay
Satpura National Park Safari package - With Night Stay in Forest Rest House
SNP ( Satpura National park) spread over an area of 524 Sq.Kms over Hills is located at a distance of about 140 kms from Bhopal, You can board a direct taxi to the Madhai entry gate of SNP. (Route - Bhopal – Habibganj – Obaidullahganj – Budni – Hoshangabad – Babai – Semri - Madhai). You can visit Bhimbetka Rock Shelters (about 50 Kms from Bhopal on the road to Madhai). The UNESCO heritage site depicts paintings on Rocks / Caves and is believed to be very old (over a thousand years old).
The tourism in park is developed in such a way that thousands of tourists enjoy the park without disturbing the wild life. SNP is natural home for a variety of wild animals like Tigers , leopards , Sambur Bison , four horned antelope, Black Buck, spotted Deer , flying Squirrel and few others. Horn bills , peafowls , Indian Rollers and woodpeckers are commonly seen birds here.
Also In the thick forest large size grasslands can be seen.
Hotels Resorts in Satpura National park
There are few Hotel/Resort available at 'Madhai' the entry point of SNP. There is a river passage between 'Madhai side' and the' Forest land'. Tourist use motorboats from 'Madhai' side to cross this river passage to reach Forest Land.
Private resorts are available on 'Madhai' side whereas accommodation of Forest Dept. is located within the boundary of Forest Dept. land.
Best time to visit SNP is from Nov-March. From July-Oct , SNP is closed for tourists.
Gypsy Safari in Satpura National park
The Booking for safari can be done on line at MP online website. You need to cross the Denwa River To reach the Madhai entry gate, & can use forest dept boat to cross.Since the tourist inflow to SNP is less (as compared to Bandhavgarh, Kanha, Ranthambore etc) SNP forest and animal sightings are better.
Why Visit Satpura National Park
- Only 12 Gypsys are allowed for Morning & afternoon safari in all 3 zones of Satpura National Park.
- The tourist can opt for any one of the 3 routesm however Churna route is the best and recommended.
- A forest guide accompanies each Gypsy.
- Tiger sighting is very rare at SNP. But sighting of Leopard and Sloth Bears are very good at SNP.
- SATPURA National Park is a virgin evergreen forest. With very few Gypsys entering the forest, there is no mad rush like Kanha, Bandhavgarh, others.
3 Routes for Safari in SNP - Details
a. KERIA ROUTE – Safari in this route is spread over 14 Kms. Charges are Rs. 2750/- (Rs. 1250 entry fee, Rs. 300/- forest Guide fee, and Rs. 1200/- Gypsy fee). The charges indicated are for Indian Nationals. Charges for foreign tourists are different. Many animals including Spotted Deer, Sambar Deer and Barking Deer, Leopard, Sloth Bear, Indian Gaur, Malabar Squirrel can be seen in this zone with variety of birds.
b. LAGDA ROUTE – Safari in this route is spread over 20 Kms & includes Keria route. Charges are Rs. 3050/- (Rs. 1250 entry fee, Rs. 300/- for the forest Guide fee, and Rs. 1500/- Gypsy fee). Leopard, Sloth Bear, Indian Gaur, Malabar Squirrel can be seen in this zone. Also a variety of birds can be seen. The View Point at Lagda is very beautiful. Tourists are allowed to get down from the Gypsy at the View Point where one can see water stream amidst rocks. The extremely lucky ones have seen the tiger at the View Point.
c. CHURNA ROUTE - Safari in this route is spread over 30 Kms including parts of the Keria route. It is a full day safari. Safari runs from 6 AM to 6PM with rest at Churna Forest Rest House. Breakfast and Lunch provided at Forest Rest house. Other option is safari from 3 pm TO 9.30 am (combine the afternoon & morning safari’s) with night stay in Churna Forest rest house for night. Charges for Churna route are Rs. 6700/- (Rs. 2500 for entry fee, Rs. 700/- for the forest Guide, and Rs. 3500/- for hiring the Gypsy). Leopard, Sloth Bear, Indian Gaur, Malabar Squirrel, Nilgai and Wild Dogs can be seen in this zone. The probability of seeing a tiger is higher on the Churna route. One can get to see a variety of birds.
Satpura National Park - Tips and Guide
- The timings for the safari vary from season to season. The morning safari lasts for 3 ~ 4hours while he evening safari lasts for 2.5 ~ 3 hours. The start / end of the safari are dependent on the sunrise & sunset time.
- The park is closed from 1st July to 15th October because of the monsoon rains.
- Always Carry your camera, sun screen lotion, moisturizer, cap and sun glasses for protection from the sun.
- Yo can see Leopards, Sloth Bears, Indian Wild Dogs, Indian Gaur, Malabar Giant Squirrel, Sambar Deer, Spotted Deer, Barking Deer, Nilgai, Wild Boar, Serpent Eagle, Shikra, Greater Racquet Tailed Drongo, Indian Roller, White Breasted Kingfisher, Black Ibis, Green Bee Eater etc.
- You can opt to go on a Gypsy SAFARI or a BOAT SAFARI or ELEPHANT SAFARI (on the periphery of the forest) or TREK / WALKING SAFARI (in the buffer forest). SNP has many options.
Best Time to Visit Satpura National park - Winter Time
Best Time to Visit SNP is winter time (November to March). The Sloth Bear sightings are good during the winters During the winter months, you can opt to stay at the Forest Rest House (Madhai or Churna). The weather is enjoyable (the minimum temperature in winters can be around 10 Degrees Celcius).