July-August is typically the holiday season for kids from schools and monsoon months in India, with most of the schools closed due to Monsoons, In addition Most of the schools in Middle East are also closed. So it is a big question where to go on holidays with family. We have offered you below various choices for Holidays options and packages for July-August Season in India.
In India, July/August season is hot and wet, Diring these months Monsoons engulf whole of the Indian subcontinent. However also it is a blessing for travellers as July-August season also mark the typical off season in Indian Travel market.
So there are lots of rewards for travellers, in July-August as they get 50% discounts, Less Rush, Good Choice of Hotels, and also best off eason Deals.
1. Travel to Lahaul-Spiti ( Roof of the World), Specially Ki Monastery..The Valleys of Lahaul- Spiti are best place during monsoon season, It is almost spared by Monsoons and while whole india is soaking wet, lahaul Spiti is almost Dry..It is thinly populated areas and is ideal relaxed holidays. Experience adventure activities like Yak Safari, Monastery Visits to beautiful Heritage monasteries and Gompas. Leh-Spiti are not accessible during winters. Hence, Lahaul-Spiti is one of the best places to visit in July-August in India.
2. Visit Kaleodo National park in July August :- The wildlife parks are mostly closed, however the Bird park at Kaleodo (Bharatpur) is at its best during monsoon and open.
3. Travel to Shimla, Manali in July August and enjoy the lush green hills, Beauty and off course off season rates and best choice of rooms.
4. Travel to Mussoorie, Nainital, Kausani in July-August and see the ultimate beauty of Uttrakhand. Mussoories and Nanital are Nestled in the foothills of the Garhwal Himalayan ranges,The drive to Mussoorie itself is breathtaking,Once in Mussoorie Enjoy the Gun Hill, Kampty Waterfalls & beautiful Churches. In Mussoorie enjoy he book reading by visit to some good book shops, Mussoorie is Home to famous writer Mr. Ruskin Bond. While in Nainital enjoy boat ride in Naini lake.
5. Travel to Orissa sector specially Puri,Konark, Chilka lake as they have very less rain.
6. In July-August, Leh-Ladakh/Zanskar area is a very good option as it is totally spared from monsoon. It's a high ground similar to Tibet. You can fly to Leh from delhi or Srinagar.The holidays are always stunning in Leh Laddakh. Driving overland route is recommended than flying in to Leh as during the course you get acclimatized also and spend one night in Kargil.
7. In July-August, Holiday in Beautiful Kashmir, the most travelled sector is srinagar, pahalgam, sonamarg.Srinagar is at less than half of the altitude of Leh. 8. Enjoy Kerala (GOD's Own Country) in Monsoons with flowing backwaters, great scenic beauty, July & August are off season for South India. You will get great deals.In addition, Kerala Munnar looks eternal in Monsoons, Rains are not continuous it rains heavily and stops.Enjoying Nature in Kerala with total Relaxation and get bonus of ayurvedic massage.If you choose this period for south you can get good discounts at the hotels. The weather will be humid.
9. Visit Goa in Monsoon in July-August,Beaches in Goa can be nice during monsoon if you like the rains.Enjoy Goa with great monsoon cuisines and very less other tourists, means that you will get exceptional attention..Sit on the Palolem Beach Resort beach with a King Fisher enjoying the rainfall.
10. Visit Rajasthan in July-August and travel to famous destinations of Bundi,Jaipur,Jaisalmer,Udaipur,Puskar,Ajmer,Jodhpur and other many historical cities with great destinations for sightseeing.The temperature might be hot.Rajasthan has lesser rain fall in monsoon, if it happens it is always a Bonus, so you might or might not get rain fall at all and enjoy Rajasthan's culture , hertiage and palaces.etc.
11. Perform Char Dham Yatra (Kedarnath, Badrinath, Ganotri and Yamnotri) is a good option in July- August to have spiritual touch.
12. If Chardham yatra is too much and just stay in Rishikesh and Haridwar & enjoy the cool dips in Ganges, fed by cool glaciar melted waters. Enjoy the River Rafting in Rishikesh or Just relax in Ananda Resort..
13. Visit Bhopal Sanchi Mandu Khajuraho in July August :- When it rains in Madhya Pradesh, It actually drizzles with cool wind and whole lansdacape of MP transforms. Bhopal is the best place to visit during monsoon seasons and enjoy the grand lakes of Bhopal and stay in Jahannuma palace, Visit Kerwa dam, Kaliasot dam, Picnic in Islam nagar, followed by excursion to Sanchi to see age of Buddhist Stupas. Leave for Mandu to see Heritage Rani Roopmati fort and also tomb of Malwa’s second king Hoshang Singh – the country’s first marble monument.. Finally Khajuraho the land of Kama-sutra becomes energised in monsoon, Rains also work as a catalyst for kama-sutra as it is the best season to expereince.. Excursion to near by Pench and Bandhavgarh national parks.
14. Visit Kodaikanal Tamil Nadu in July August :- It is an exceptionally beautiful hill stations in Tamil Nadu, it receives moderate rainfall even in Monsoon. The weather is very pleasant during the monsoons with green valleys and misty mountains. In addition, the waterfalls are in their full swing with breathtaking beauty.
15. Visit Andaman – Nicobar Islands in July-August :- July-August is an off-season period in Andamans but it is also a chance to experience great beauty of Andamans at very cheap prices. While you are in Andamans, explore Havlock Island, Light show at Cellular jail and exotic sea food.
16. Visit Pondicherry in July-August :- Visit Pondicherry in Monsoons to enjoy the lush green fields and hilly terrains of coffee plantations. Enjoy the Portugese architecture, Portugese cuisine, French War Memorial, Pondicherry Museum, the Paradise Beach, Botanical gardens etc.
17. Visit Coorg, Karnataka in July-August :- Visit the Scotland of India in rains,During the monsoon season, the entire landscape transforms into a lush green paradise and also transforms the seasonal waterfalls.
18. Visit Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra in July-August :- One of the most popular tourist places to visit in monsoons and the largest hill stations in the Sayadri range.
19. Visit Lonawala and Khandala in July- August
20. Visit Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu in July-August :- Visit the southern most tip of the Indian subcontinent, The Very first place in the country to receive the monsoon showers, Experience the uniqueness of surrounded by water on all three sides of Indian Ocean, Also, being a lean season,avail good discounts on hotels and restaurants.
21. Visit Mount Abu, Rajasthan in July August :- Visit the only hill station in Rajasthan with a great lake in the middle. Mount Abu has beautiful hilly landscape and home to prajapati Brahamkumaris, Brahamkumaris have the famous temple of Delwara Jain Temple dedicated to their organization. Mount Abu is best to travel in July-August as it receives less amount of rainfall, what with even little rain-fall, the scenic beauty of Mount Abu hills are transformed. Enjoy having nature walks and enjoy the cool stay in the Mount Abu with discounted rates in July-August.