Top 10 restaurants of Mussoorie JW Cafe TA rating - 5.0 &
Rishikesh One of the holiest Hindu pilgrimages, Rishikes
10 shopping places in Mussoorie The Mall Here from wo
Camel's Back Road The name of this road is derived f
The place offers a climb of about 10,000&n
Paragliding & Cave exploration: Mussoorie is mos
Before starting your walk to eating out Local Street food
Day: 01 Delhi to Mussoorie (Approx 320.0 kilometers/ 8 Ho
Mussoorie - the charming hill station is also known as the Queen of Hills located just 34 km. from Dehradun. It is located at an altitude of 2003 mt in the Garhwal hills above sea-level.
Mussoorie is one the beautiful hill stations in India and the most frequently visited. It provides excellent respite to people who want relief from the hot sultry conditions of the plains, especially since it is close enough to the capital New Delhi to make just weekend trip.
In 1820, Captain Young of the British army was influenced by the beauty of this place and made it his residence. This hill station has residences of many foreigners since British rule. The name, Mussoorie is derived from plants of 'Mussoorie' which were found in abundance here. After its discovery, this hill station gradually developed as a centre of education, business, tourism and beauty. The weather is cool and pleasant throughout the year.
1. The hill station of Mussoorie serves as the gateway to Yamunotri and Gangotri which is much popular Hindu shrines in north India.
2. The weather is generally bright and clear - except during the three months of Monsoons.
3. Mussorie offers breathtaking view of the snow clad Himalayas with forested woods of pine, cedar, birch, oak, rhododendron and deodar.
4. There are many popular picnic spots like famous Kempty Falls, Mall Road, Gun Hill.
5. The endless Mountains, fabulous falls and Iconic views - that’s how we've known Mussoorie. Perched at a height of about 6,170 feet, the Queen of Hill Stations has always been one of our favorite holiday destinations made it the unique in Uttarakhand. Apart from that some other main reasons are:
6. The famous mall road is one of the best place to Chill out, have food and do shopping.
7. The walk through Camel’s back road and up to Sister’s Bazaar is quiet nice.
8. Quite walk to reach Lal Tibba, the highest point in Mussoorie. On a bright, clear day it gives an unobstructed view of the beautiful range of snowcapped Himalayas.
9. Visit the Gun Hill which is the second highest peak in Mussoorie, Kempty and Bhatta Falls, Mussoorie Lake and Head to the Tibetan Buddhist Temple in Happy Valley for a sense of solace.
Winter (October to February): This season stays here from October to February with chilly weather conditions and snow. The temperature at night can reach down to subzero levels and roads usually get obstructed by snow from December till mid of February.
Summer (March to June): Season of summer in this region with a very pleasant duration and an average temperature around 37°C. For sightseeing and adventures it is the best season to visit Mussoorie.
Monsoon (July to mid-September): the monsoon season appears with moderate rainfall and can cause landslides, making it risky to travel.
The months of summers April, May and June witness the best time to visit and peak season owing to the pleasant climate. The people those looking forward to see and enjoy snowfall should visit Mussoorie during winter specially the months of November, December and January.
Distance between New Delhi to Mussoorie - 279 km by Road
An aerial distance of New Delhi to Mussoorie - 219 km
There is nearly 1 direct bus plying between New Delhi to Mussoorie. This bus is State transport bus etc
This is the most popular festival of Mussorie organized by Nagar Palika Parishad. The main celebration of festival is done by lots of activities like Folk Dances, Cultural Parades, and Drawing Competitions etc.
This festival is commonly celebrates for the welcome of the summer and spring season and to say goodbye to the chilling winter season of Mussoorie. This festival is celebrates for the worshipping goddess Saraswati in a well and grand manner.
Jaypee Residency Manor
TA rating - 4.0 - certified in excellence
Location: Barlowganj, Mussoorie, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248122
JW Marriott Walnut Grove Resort & Spa
TA rating - 4.5 - certified in excellence
Location: Village Siya, Kempty Fall Road, Tehri Garhwal, Mussoorie, Uttarakhand 248179
Fortune The Savoy
TA rating - 4.5 - certified in excellence
Location: Library Bazar, Gandhi Chowk, Mussoorie, Uttarakhand 248179