1. Haridwar's Litral meaning is Har + Dwar ( Shiva + Gate), means gate to Lord Shiva, It is one of the seven holiest places to Hindus, along with Ujjain, Nashik and Prayag (Allahabad), it is one of four sites where drops of Amrit, the elixir of immortality, accidentally spilled over from the pitcher while being carried by the celestial bird Garuda.
2. In Haridwar, The River Ganges, after flowing for 253 kilometres from its source at Gaumukh enters the Plains of North India for the first time at Haridwar.
3. Haridwar is known world-wide for Kumbha Mela, which is celebrated every 12 years in Haridwar. Amidst the Kumbha Mela, millions of pilgrims, devotees, and tourists congregate in Haridwar to perform ritualistic bathing on the banks of the river Ganges to wash away their sins to attain Moksha.
4. Holiest Spot in Haridwar is Brahma Kund, the spot where the Amrit fell, is located at Har ki Pauri (literally, "footsteps of the Lord") and is considered to be the most sacred ghat of Haridwar.
5. If you are from India or Pakistan and want to find your roots, come to haridwar, You can find details of up to, or even more than, ones seven past generations in these genealogy registers kept by the Pandas of Haridwar.
6. In Haridwar, there is an ancient custom, which details family genealogies of Hindu families for the past several generations are kept by professional Hindu Brahmin Pandits, popularly known as Pandas, in hand written registers passed down to them over generations by their Pandit ancestors which are classified according to original districts and villages of ones ancestors, with special designated Pandit families being in charge of designated district registers, even for cases where ancestral districts and villages that have been left behind in Pakistan after Partition of India with Hindus having to migrate to India.
7. For centuries when Hindu ancestors visited the holy town of Haridwar for any purpose which may have mostly been for pilgrimage purposes or/and for cremation of their dead or for immersion of ashes and bones of their kin after cremation into the waters of the holy river Ganges as required by Hindu religious custom, it has been an ancient custom to go to the Pandit who is in charge of ones family register and update the family's genealogical family tree with details of all marriages, births and deaths from ones extended joint family.
Haridwar is the holy city where the holy river Ganges or Ganga descends from mountains of Gangotri glacier. Literally meaning Gateway to God, Haridwar is the one of the holiest places to Hindus, especially for Har ki Paudi (meaning 'footsteps of the lord') where drops of Amrit(Nectar) fell accidentally.
The spiritual cleansing offered by Ganga ghat in Haridwar attracts many Indians and foreigners to seek solace and also to get one with its culture. The evening aarti at Har ki Paudi spellbinds thousands of visitors with gongs, drums, chanting of priests, and sound from conch shells.
Hotel Aditya Holiday Honeymoon Package
Hotel Aditya" is situated on the banks of the Aditya Hotel Roomholy Ganga, a mere 300 mts walk through the bazaar from the sacred "Harki..
Price : As Your Request
Hotel Ganga Lahari Holiday Honeymoon Package
Ganga Lahari " is Located at Gau Ghat, Har Ki Pauri within two minutes walk along the river from Braham Kunda , in Haridwar. It stands at the..
Price : Rs. 5500/- Per Pax(Only Accommodation)